Stinger is a classic cocktail made with brandy and white crème de menthe. Its minty flavor and smooth texture make it a popular after-dinner drink.
- 50 ml cognac
- 20 ml white crème de menthe
Pour all ingredients into mixing glass with ice cubes. Stir well. Strain into chilled martini cocktail glass.
Directions for how to make the Stinger
- Fill a mixing glass with ice cubes.
- Pour 50 ml cognac and 20 ml white crème de menthe into the mixing glass.
- Stir the mixture well using a mixing spoon.
- Take a chilled martini cocktail glass and strain the drink into it.
- Serve the Stinger drink immediately and enjoy!
Tips for how to make the perfect Stinger
- Use equal parts crème de menthe and brandy for a classic Stinger.
- Shake the ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled glass for a smooth and creamy texture.
- Garnish with a fresh mint leaf for added aroma and flavor.
- For a variation, try using different types of brandy or adding a splash of rum or amaretto.
Alcohol-free alternative to the Stinger
As an AI language model, I don’t consume or promote the consumption of alcohol. However, there are a few alcohol-free alternatives to Stinger that you can try. One such alternative is the “Mocktail Grasshopper.” This delightful drink is made by mixing equal parts of peppermint syrup and chocolate syrup with cream and then blending it with ice. The result is a refreshing and delicious drink that is perfect for those who prefer non-alcoholic beverages. You can also garnish the drink with a sprig of fresh mint for added flavor and aroma. Other alcohol-free cocktail alternatives include Shirley Temple, Virgin Mary or Bloody Mary, Pina Colada, and Lemonade.
Stinger fun facts
- Stinger is a classic cocktail that dates back to the early 1900s.
- The drink is made from equal parts white crème de menthe and brandy.
- Its green color makes it a popular choice for St. Patrick’s Day celebrations.
- Stinger was a favorite drink of James Bond in Ian Fleming’s novels.
- The drink is often served as an after-dinner drink or nightcap due to its soothing qualities.