Sea breeze is a refreshing alcoholic cocktail made with vodka, grapefruit juice, and cranberry juice. It is often served over ice and garnished with a slice of lime.
Sea breeze recipe
- 4 cl Vodka
- 12 cl Cranberry juice
- 3 cl Grapefruit juice
Build all ingredients in a highball glass filled with ice. Garnish with lime wedge.
Directions for how to make the Sea breeze
- Fill a highball glass with ice cubes.
- Add 4 cl of vodka to the glass.
- Pour in 12 cl of cranberry juice.
- Add 3 cl of grapefruit juice to the mix.
- Use a bar spoon to gently stir the ingredients together.
- Garnish the drink with a lime wedge on the rim of the glass.
- Serve and enjoy your refreshing Sea breeze drink!
Tips for how to make the perfect Sea breeze
- Use fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice for the best flavor.
- Use quality vodka to avoid a harsh taste.
- Make sure to add the cranberry juice last to avoid too much color or sweetness.
- Use a Collins glass filled with ice and garnish with a grapefruit slice for presentation.
Alcohol-free alternative to the Sea breeze
An alcohol-free alternative to Sea Breeze can be made using cranberry juice, grapefruit juice, and soda water. Here’s the recipe:
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup grapefruit juice
- Club soda or sparkling water
- Lime wedge for garnish (optional)
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Pour cranberry juice and grapefruit juice over the ice.
- Top up the drink with club soda or sparkling water.
- Give it a quick stir to mix everything together.
- Garnish with a lime wedge, if desired.
- Enjoy your refreshing alcohol-free Sea Breeze alternative!
Sea breeze fun facts
- Sea breeze is a popular cocktail made with vodka, grapefruit juice, and cranberry juice.
- The drink was created in the 1920s and named after the cooling sea breezes that blow across the Atlantic.
- The Sea breeze is a variation of the Cape Codder cocktail which only contains vodka and cranberry juice.
- The drink gained popularity in the 1970s as a refreshing and easy-to-make summer cocktail.
- Sea breeze is often garnished with a wedge of lime or a grapefruit peel to add extra flavor and visual appeal.