Naked and famous
Naked and Famous is a modern classic cocktail that combines mezcal, Aperol, Chartreuse, and lime juice. This smoky and herbal drink is balanced, refreshing, and perfect for any occasion.
Naked and famous recipe
- 2.25 cl mezcal
- 2.25 cl yellow Chartreuse
- 2.25 cl Aperol
- 2.25 cl fresh lime juice
Pour all ingredients into shaker with ice cubes. Shake well. Strain into chilled cocktail glass.
Directions for how to make the Naked and famous
To make a Naked and famous cocktail, follow the steps below:
- Prepare a cocktail shaker and fill it up with ice cubes.
- Add 2.25 cl of mezcal to the shaker.
- Add 2.25 cl of yellow Chartreuse to the shaker.
- Add 2.25 cl of Aperol to the shaker.
- Squeeze 2.25 cl of fresh lime juice and pour it into the shaker.
- Cover the shaker with a lid and shake it well for a few seconds.
- Remove the lid and strain the cocktail into chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish the drink with a slice of lime or a twist of lime peel if desired.
- Serve and enjoy your Naked and famous cocktail.
Tips for how to make the perfect Naked and famous
- Use high-quality ingredients, such as premium vodka, fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice, and a hint of elderflower liqueur.
- Keep the cocktail simple by using only a few quality ingredients and shaking well with ice before serving. Garnish with a grapefruit twist for added flavor and visual appeal.
Alcohol-free alternative to the Naked and famous
A possible alcohol-free alternative to the cocktail Naked and Famous is a blend of fresh lime juice, grapefruit juice, agave nectar, and sparkling water or soda. This refreshing and zesty concoction is reminiscent of the citrusy and smoky notes of the original cocktail but without the alcoholic kick. Here’s a recipe for this mocktail:
- 1 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 oz freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1/2 oz agave nectar
- 3-4 oz sparkling water or soda
- Ice cubes
- In a shaker or mixing glass, combine the lime juice, grapefruit juice, and agave nectar.
- Add a few ice cubes and stir or shake until well combined and chilled.
- Strain the mixture into a tall glass filled with ice cubes.
- Top up with sparkling water or soda.
- Give it a gentle stir and garnish with a slice of lime or grapefruit, if desired.
- Enjoy your alcohol-free version of Naked and Famous!
Naked and famous fun facts
- Naked and Famous is a modern cocktail that was invented in 2011 by bartender Joaquín Simó at Death & Co. in New York City.
- It has a bold and unique flavor profile that combines smoky mezcal, tart lime juice, bitter Aperol, and sweet yellow Chartreuse.
- Despite being a relatively new cocktail, Naked and Famous has gained a cult following and has become a staple on many bar menus.
- The bright yellow-green color of the drink is achieved by adding a few drops of green Chartreuse to the mix.
- The name “Naked and Famous” is a playful nod to the classic 1950s Hollywood movie “A Star is Born” featuring Judy Garland, in which her character sings “Born in a Trunk (Naked and Afraid).”