Between the sheets
Between the Sheets is a classic cocktail made with rum, brandy, and triple sec, shaken with fresh lemon juice. It has a strong and smooth taste, perfect for cocktail lovers looking for something new.
Between the sheets recipe
- 3 cl white rum
- 3 cl cognac
- 3 cl triple sec
- 2 cl fresh lemon juice
Pour all ingredients into shaker with ice cubes, shake, strain into chilled cocktail glass.
Directions for how to make the Between the sheets
To make a Between the sheets drink, follow these steps:
- Prepare a Cocktail glass by chilling it in the freezer or filling it with ice to chill it.
- Add ice cubes to a shaker.
- Pour in 3 cl of white rum, 3 cl of cognac, 3 cl of triple sec, and 2 cl of fresh lemon juice.
- Shake the ingredients vigorously until the shaker feels cold in your hand.
- Strain the cocktail into the chilled cocktail glass, using a strainer to remove any ice or small pieces of fruit.
- Garnish with a lemon twist or orange peel, if desired. Enjoy!
Tips for how to make the perfect Between the sheets
- Use a high-quality cognac and white rum to ensure a rich and smooth flavor.
- Use fresh lemon juice to add a bright citrus note.
- Adjust the sweetness to taste with simple syrup, adding more or less depending on personal preference.
- Shake all ingredients well with ice before straining into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Consider garnishing with a lemon twist for an extra touch of elegance.
Alcohol-free alternative to the Between the sheets
An alcohol-free alternative to the drink Between the Sheets could be a mocktail called “Between the Sheets Mocktail.” It can be made by combining pineapple juice, cranberry juice, lemon juice, and a splash of grenadine syrup. The drink can be garnished with a lemon twist or a pineapple wedge to make it visually appealing. This mocktail will provide the tangy and fruity flavors of the alcoholic original cocktail without the effects of alcohol.
Between the sheets fun facts
- The Between the sheets cocktail was created in the 1920s in Paris, France.
- The original recipe for Between the sheets calls for cognac, white rum, lemon juice, and Cointreau.
- The name “Between the sheets” is supposed to represent the fact that the drink is strong enough to make you forget your inhibitions.
- There’s a variation of Between the sheets called the Maiden’s Prayer which adds grapefruit juice to the mix.
- Between the sheets is considered a classic cocktail and has been featured in many movies and television shows over the years.