Yellow Bird is a tropical cocktail that features rum, orange juice, lime juice, and cream of coconut. It is typically garnished with a cherry or slice of pineapple.
Yellow bird recipe
- 3 cl white rum
- 1.5 cl Galliano
- 1.5 cl triple sec
- 1.5 cl lime juice
Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker, shake well with ice, strain into chilled cocktail glass
Directions for how to make the Yellow bird
- Get a cocktail shaker and add some ice.
- Pour 3 cl of white rum into the cocktail shaker.
- Add 1.5 cl of Galliano.
- Add 1.5 cl of triple sec.
- Add 1.5 cl of lime juice.
- Shake the cocktail shaker well with the ice.
- Get a chilled cocktail glass.
- Strain the Yellow bird drink into the chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish the drink with a lime wedge or wheel (optional).
- Serve and enjoy!
Tips for how to make the perfect Yellow bird
- Use fresh citrus juices: A good Yellow bird drink requires fresh orange, pineapple and lime juices. Avoid bottled or canned juices as they may have added preservatives that can affect the flavor of the drink.
- Use quality rum: A Yellow bird drink is essentially a rum-based cocktail, so it’s important to use a good quality rum. Opt for a light or golden rum that has a good balance of sweetness and spiciness.
Alcohol-free alternative to the Yellow bird
One possible alcohol-free alternative to the drink Yellow Bird is a mixed fruit smoothie. The smoothie could contain fresh or frozen mango, pineapple, and orange juice, along with a splash of lime juice and a drizzle of honey for sweetness. The drink could be blended until smooth, and served over ice. This fruity and refreshing blend could provide a similar tropical flavor profile as the Yellow Bird cocktail, without the alcohol content. Additionally, it would be a healthier option that allows for guilt-free indulgence.
Yellow bird fun facts
- Yellow bird is a tropical cocktail that originated in the Caribbean and is popular in the Virgin Islands.
- The cocktail is a bright yellow color and is usually garnished with a slice of pineapple or a cherry.
- The main ingredients of Yellow bird are rum, Galliano, triple sec, and lime juice.
- The recipe for Yellow bird was created in the 20th century by a bartender named Raymond “Buff” Crossman in the British Virgin Islands.
- Yellow bird is a sweet and fruity cocktail that is enjoyed by both locals and tourists in the Caribbean.