Sex on the beach
Sex on the beach is a fruity cocktail made with vodka, peach schnapps, orange juice, and cranberry juice. It is a popular drink for summer parties and beach vacations.
Sex on the beach recipe
- 4 cl Vodka
- 2 cl Peach schnapps
- 4 cl Orange juice
- 4 cl cranberry juice
Build all ingredients in a highball glass filled with ice. Garnish with orange slice.
Directions for how to make the Sex on the beach
- Fill a highball glass with ice.
- Add 4 cl of vodka to the glass.
- Add 2 cl of Peach schnapps to the glass.
- Pour in 4 cl of orange juice.
- Add 4 cl of cranberry juice to the mix.
- Stir all the ingredients together with a bar spoon.
- Garnish the drink with an orange slice.
Tips for how to make the perfect Sex on the beach
- Use fresh and quality ingredients, such as freshly squeezed orange juice, cranberry juice, and a high-quality vodka.
- Add the ingredients in the right order to achieve the perfect layering effect: Start by filling a highball glass with ice, then add the vodka, peach schnapps, orange juice, and finally, the cranberry juice.
- Use a cocktail shaker to mix the vodka, peach schnapps, and orange juice before pouring over the ice.
- Garnish with a slice of orange, a cherry, and a cocktail umbrella for that extra touch of summer vibes.
- Don’t be afraid to adjust the sweetness and acidity to your taste by adding more or less orange and cranberry juice.
Alcohol-free alternative to the Sex on the beach
One alcohol-free alternative to Sex on the Beach could be a mocktail called “Island Oasis”. The ingredients for this drink include:
- 2 oz of pineapple juice
- 2 oz of orange juice
- 2 oz of cranberry juice
- 1 oz of lime juice
- 1 oz of grenadine syrup
- Soda water
To make the Island Oasis, combine the pineapple juice, orange juice, cranberry juice, lime juice and grenadine syrup in a cocktail shaker. Shake well and strain into a tall glass filled with ice. Top up the glass with soda water and garnish with a wedge of pineapple or a slice of lime. Enjoy the fruity, refreshing taste of this mocktail without the buzz of alcohol.
Sex on the beach fun facts
- Sex on the beach was first created in 1987 at Confetti’s Bar in Florida.
- The drink’s bright orange-red hue comes from the combination of peach schnapps, vodka, and cranberry juice.
- Despite its suggestive name, the drink is actually named after a popular cocktail bar in Daytona Beach, Florida.
- Some variations of the drink may include pineapple juice, orange juice, or even a touch of Midori melon liqueur.
- In 2017, a group of bartenders in Australia created a new twist on the classic Sex on the beach recipe, replacing the traditional cranberry juice with Australian native fruit, the Davidson plum.