Russian spring punch
Russian spring punch is a refreshing cocktail made with vodka, grapefruit juice, mint leaves, and sparkling water. It is perfect for warm weather and outdoor events.
Russian spring punch recipe
- 2.5 cl Vodka
- 1.5 cl Crème de cassis
- 1 cl Sugar Syrup
- 2.5 cl Lemon Juice
Pour all ingredients into cocktail shaker except the sparkling wine, shake well with ice, strain into chilled tall tumbler glass filled with ice and top up with sparkling wine.
Directions for how to make the Russian spring punch
- Pour 2.5 cl of vodka into a cocktail shaker.
- Add 1.5 cl of crème de cassis to the shaker.
- Measure 1 cl of sugar syrup and pour it in with the other ingredients.
- Cut a lemon in half and squeeze 2.5 cl of lemon juice into the shaker.
- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain the contents of the shaker into a chilled tall tumbler glass.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Top up the glass with sparkling wine.
Tips for how to make the perfect Russian spring punch
- Start by chilling all ingredients, including the glasses.
- Combine 1 bottle of chilled champagne, 1 cup of chilled vodka, 1 cup of chilled grapefruit juice, and 1/2 cup of chilled honey syrup in a pitcher.
- Stir gently to mix.
- Add ice cubes to the chilled glasses and pour in the mixture.
- Garnish the glasses with a slice of grapefruit and mint leaves.
- Enjoy your perfectly refreshing Russian spring punch!
Alcohol-free alternative to the Russian spring punch
One alternative to the Russian spring punch that is alcohol-free is the “Berry Lemonade”. Here’s how to make it:
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp honey or sugar
- 2 cups water
- Ice cubes
In a blender or a food processor, puree the frozen mixed berries until smooth.
In a pitcher, mix together the pureed berries, freshly squeezed lemon juice, honey/sugar and water until well blended.
Serve over ice and garnish with sliced fresh strawberries and lemon slices if desired.
This refreshing alternative can be enjoyed by both adults and kids alike, and is perfect for a summer day or a get-together with friends and family.
Russian spring punch fun facts
- Russian spring punch was first created in the 19th century by a Russian physician who was trying to find a cure for the common cold.
- The drink typically includes vodka, lemon juice, sugar, sparkling water, and fresh strawberries, making it a refreshing and fruity drink.
- Some variations of the drink include adding other fruits such as raspberries or blackberries.
- In Russia, it is often served during the springtime as a celebratory drink for the start of warmer weather.
- The drink gained popularity in the United States after it was featured in Martha Stewart’s magazine in the 1990s.